Highfield Highreach Holiday
We are very proud to have Highfield Highreach Holiday as our first partner and were delighted to receive an Outstanding rating from Ofsted in our first year of operation. You can read a summary of Ofsted’s findings below and the full report here.
Read more about HHH here.
Highfield Highreach Holiday has been rated as Outstanding by Ofsted (2022).
The official report is available to read on the Green Frog Holidays, Highfield School and Ofsted websites. Here are some of the comments made in the report and in our verbal feedback:
- The overall experience and progress of children and young people, taking into account how well they are helped and protected, is outstanding. The scheme provides highly effective services that consistently exceed the standards of good.
- The volunteers hold the children’s safety and best interests at the centre of their practice.
- There is an exceptional range of on-site and off-site activities. High staffing, an inclusive attitude and careful planning mean that children get to try new activities and experiences and have an enjoyable holiday.
- The children are gently challenged to become more independent. They are also supported to make their own decisions.
- There is a sense of total inclusion, enthusiasm and shared joy for the children and the volunteers.
- The children and volunteers delight in celebrating their achievements at the end of each day. The children absolutely love their holiday and many children return each year.
- Parents refer to the holiday as being the ‘highlight of the year’ for their child. One parent said their child simply cheers and shouts ‘yeah’ every time the holiday is mentioned.
- Children feel safe and happy during their holiday. Volunteers are very sensitive to the children’s needs and creatively help them to work through their emotions. The children trust the volunteers.
- Volunteers go the extra mile. Passion shines through from top to bottom.
- First aid incidents are responded to swiftly by responsive, calm staff. Medication is well managed and seamlessly administered.
- In all my years of working in children’s services, I’ve never seen a bedtime like it.
- The volunteers are provided with good information and training and are supported well through effective mentoring and management arrangements.
- The staff plan meticulously for each child’s admission. A careful approach to getting to know the children means that their care is very well planned.
- Senior managers inspire the team and communicate their high aspirations and expectations effectively to all volunteers.
- The managers and volunteers are reflective and innovative in their approach to creating constant fun for the children in a safe environment.
- Highfield Highreach Holiday is a well-oiled machine of delight.